- Year of construction: 1886
- Location: Courland, 16 km to Talsi, 133 km to Riga
- Address: Sassmacken, Liepu iela 19, Valdemārpils, Talsi district
- Property area: approx. 1,700 sqm
- Plot size: 34,130 sqm
- Owner: Private
- Price: 80,000 Euros
- Commission: 3.5% incl. VAT for the buyer
- Cancellation Policy
In the northern part of Courland, on the edge of the town of Valdemārpils and on the west bank of Lake Sasmaka, lies the former manor of Sassmacken. The county town of Talsi is 16 km away, whilst Riga is around 133 km away. It is only about 20 km to the Baltic coast.
The former mansion is a local heritage monument and was built in 1886 in a Neo-Gothic style. In front of the manor stands an expansive linden tree, which is the largest of its kind in the Baltics. The tree trunk circumference is 8.5 m wide. A cannon from the 17th century guards the tree.
The last owners before the property’s expropriation was the Heucking family. From 1949 to 1980, the house was used as a school but has now remained empty for an extended period.