- Year of construction: early 18th century with a subsequent reconstruction in the early 20th century
- Location: 1.5 km north of Jarmen, 4.5 km southwest of Gützkow. Located on the old B96, now L35 and 2 min away from the A20. Greifswald is 18 km away, Stralsund 55 km and Berlin 190 km away. Usedom’s beach is about 40 min away.
- Address: Peenestr. 16, 17506 Gützkow, OT Breechen, Office Züsow, LK Vorpommern-Greifswald
- Property size: Manor house with 17 rooms across 2 levels with approx. 375 sqm of livable area. Non-residential building with 2 levels and approx. 300 sqm of usable area and a cellar approx. 100 sqm.
- Plot size: 3,750 sqm
- Owner: Privately owned
- Price: 165,000 Euros
- Commission: 3.5% plus the legally required VAT for the buyer
- Cancellation Policy
B reechen is most likely derived from Slavic origins (Brjeh – shore) and describes the area of the banks of the Peene. The manor house is located 1.5 km north of Jarmen in the Gützkow district, and was once part of the Breechen feudal estate.
The oldest mentions of the village and estate date from 1629. At this time the area was part of the Domanio royal domain until it was given by Duke Bogislav XIV to his loyal subject and servant Victor Horn. However the property did not stay in his possession for long. As of 1708 the listed owner was Captain von Normann, then the von Hardt family in 1782 and, by 1802, the property was in the hands of the noble merchant von Homeyer family. The property changed ownership once again in 1834 to the Schmidt family of Wolgast, who are again mentioned in the 1849 estate listing.
In 1928 Ernst von Heyden became the last owner of the 266 hectares before it was settled. In 1939, the Pomeranian commercial directory listed Ernst Fründ as the owner of a 35-hectare farmhouse, which was probably the location of an inn. During the GDR period, the house had a variety of uses. These ranged from a first home for Eastern European refugees to functioning commercially as a small shoe factory.
The current manor house was most likely built at the beginning of the 18th century and later converted. The single-storey house (18 x 9.5 m) looks relatively small from the outside but spreads over a flat plastered foundation and has a 7-axled exterior. Above, an expansive saddle roof covers the house.
The two spires featured on the front of the building are in the regional style of Schultze-Naumann and probably appeared in their current form in the early 20th century. The resulting unique appearance sets the property apart from others in the area. Additionally, the farm building attached to the western corner of the house also likely dates back to the renovations of the early 20th century.
The main house is partially cellared with barrel vaults. An impressive number of historical details and features of different styles can be found in the home’s interior. In the entryway, the flooring is made up of stone tiles from Öland. In addition, a variety of floorboard and parquet styles can be found throughout the house, as well as period tiles of different conditions in the kitchen area.
The garden room features an open fireplace, with the rest of the house heated by tiled stoves. It is not yet determined whether or not the spacious hall on the upper level appeared during the renovation phase of the 20th century, and for what purpose it was used.
The house is connected to the public water supply and disposal channels. All house connections were refitted in 2015, however, the internal installations will need to be worked on.