- Year of construction: 1934
- Location: a short distance from the road from Riga to Liepaja, about 156 km to Riga and 60 km to Liepaja
- Location: Jaunrudbārži (The municipality of Rudbārži ), Skrunda district, 56.643012, 21.891886
- Property area: 650 sqm
- Plot size: 28,400 sqm
- Owner: Private
- Price: 85,000 Euros
- Commission: 3.5% incl. VAT for the buyer
- Cancellation Policy
This villa-like house with several outbuildings belongs to the former estate complex of Rudbahren in Latvia. Rudbahren is one of the oldest estates of the von Fircks barony and was in the family from 1778 until its expropriation in 1920.
The large mansion of Rudbahren was originally simpler but similarly sized and was built in 1780. Shortly before this time, the Pilten district administrator Ewald von Fircks had bought it from the Courland Duke Peter Biron. The first serious reconstruction of the house (in the then-popular Imperial style) took place in 1835 under the direction of the architect Theophil Ludwig Dicht. The extensive 59-hectare forest and parklands were also designed around this time.
By 1883, the next reconstruction of the mansion was completed. The house was converted into an imposing Neo-Renaissance mansion and extended by a transverse construction at both ends. Unfortunately, in 1905 the house suffered the fate of many Baltic mansions and was looted and burned down. However, it was then rebuilt in 1908, under the direction of architect Leo Reynier, in Neoclassical style.
The estate near the house for sale, known as Jaunrudbārži, is located about 500 m from the above mentioned manor house, in a beautiful location with a plot of about 2.84 hectares. The property is bordered by an asphalt road around 1.5 km from the main road. There is also an orchard of 0.34 hectares, a picturesque pond, a park and avenue, as well as some outbuildings.
The construction of the relatively luxurious house was completed in 1934. It is built in the architectural language of the time, with columns, terraces, balconies, stairs and bannisters, tiled stoves and floor tiles all very typical of the architecture of the time.
The impressively structured three-storey building covers around 650 sqm of floor space.
It has about 20 rooms with several sanitary facilities. The Jaunrudbārži house remained in relatively good condition, even during the Soviet period. It was used as a pharmacy, infirmary, library and for residential purposes.
The building was connected to a central heating source. It features five chimneys and a tiled roof. The original colour of the house has been preserved. Additionally, the rooms have painted walls, wooden planks and tiled floors. The building has high ceilings, a large cellar and spacious lofts that can be extended as a mansard level.
Another point of interest is that Jaunrudbārži has a natural source of water – in its cellar there is a well that supplies drinking water.
All supporting structures and walls are in a satisfactory condition, however, about 90% of the windows have to be replaced.