Germany

Groß Köthel Manor

 

  • Year of construction: around 1900
  • Location: 5 km south of Teterow, approx. 75 km to Rostock
  • Address: OT Groß Köthel, Hohen Demzin Municipality, Amt Mecklenburgische Schweiz, LK Rostock
  • Property Area: approx. 660 sqm
  • Plot size: approx. 3,800 sqm
  • Owner: Private
  • Price: 795,000 Euros
  • Commission: 3.5% incl. VAT for the buyer

 

The small town of Groß Köthel lies hidden in a valley of the Little Peene area and is a district of the municipality of Hohen Demzin. The town of Teterow is only 5 km away. Teterow features cafes, restaurants, a well-known gallery, museums, a shopping street and everything else necessary. Mecklenburg-Switzerland, with its many forests and small lakes, is considered a paradise for nature lovers. It is also the region with the highest density of castles, parks and mansions. Berlin and Hamburg can be reached in about 2 hours and the port city of Rostock is only about 45 minutes away by car.

Köthel, known in the 13th century as Ketelhodtesdorp, is considered as the origin of the von Ketelhodt family. The Mecklenburg Uradel knights were led in 1267 to Warnkenhagen and later to Ketelhodtesdorp in 1270. The coat of arms contains three boiler hats or helmets without a visor. In 1345 the “Mills of Kotel” are mentioned. In a 1596 document the area was mentioned when Joachim von Hahn of Basedow exchanged the village of Pampow for the village of Groß Köthel. In 1614 Jürgen von Oldenburg is noted as the owner. When the Legation Counselor Count von Schlitz acquired both Burg Schlitz and Hohen Demzin in 1793, as well as both parts of Köthel, he began to make improvements in the working and living conditions on the estate. Around 1830, the approximately 360-hectare estate is then sold to the bourgeois landowners Baetke, who maintain ownership until the 20th century. From this period, the manor house and large farm buildings have been preserved.

The heritage protected 9-axle manor house was built around 1900. With attention to detail, it has been completely restored from 2003 to 2011 and is in excellent condition.

Ca. 660 m² Wohnfläche verteilt sich über 2 Etagen, wobei im Dachgeschoss noch Ausbaureserve vorhanden ist. Die untere Ebene wird z. Z. privat genutzt und beherbergt einen großzügigen Wohn- und Essbereich mit Kamin, das Schlafgemach mit angrenzendem Bad, ein Gästebad und einige weitere Zimmer. Eine Sauna steht für die Entspannung zur Verfügung.

Approximately 660 sqm of living space is spread over 2 floors, while the upper level still offers potential for further expansion. The lower level is for private use and houses a spacious living and dining area with a fireplace, a bedroom with adjoining bathroom, a guest bathroom and several other rooms. A sauna is available for relaxation.

The beautifully restored stucco and partially-stained glass underline the historical character of the property. The floors are finished with reclaimed wooden floorboards, herringbone parquet and tiles.

Beautiful, functional tiled stoves and partial underfloor heating highlight the cozy ambience. Heating is provided via an oil heater in the basement.

The park-like cultivated garden with old trees, hedges and ponds complete the property. Sitting areas, a large balcony upstairs and the park terrace are just some of the spots you can pass the time in comfort. Parking is possible in front of the house.

The inventory is not included in the purchase price, but may be purchased on request.